Sunday, May 23, 2010

Greetings!

My husband has been telling me for a while now that I need to blog, so this is my first attempt at funneling all the random thoughts that flow so fluidly throughout my life. I honestly do not know that anyone (other than my husband and mother) will be interested, but it makes me feel like I have achieved literary greatness to be able to say, "Oh, yes, it on my blog." Sad, I know.



My overwhelming theme today is family. I have been greatly blessed with a fabulous husband and four wonderful children, and as a wife/mother I could not ask for more. Yet, God, in his infinite wisdom, has also given me two marvelous daughters-in-law. Having been a daughter-in-law myself (for almost 25 years!) I know what a challenging position this can be. It is a constant balance between the love of your husband and the relationship your husband has with his mother. However, I have come to realize that the role of the daughter-in-law is crucial to the success of the family. It is the daughter-in-law who smooths the rough edges, remembers birthdays and special holidays and is litterally the glue that holds the extended family relationship menagerie together.



Ashley and Cassie you are beautiful women of God, and you have filled all of our lives with love and happiness. If I had searched the world over, I could not have found better wives for my sons. As we face the future, I look forward with hope and great expectaion to see the marvelous works God will perform in your lives and in our family. Mamacarley loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yay, because others will finally get to enjoy the anecdotes that I've enjoyed for over 23 years and yay, because indeed, we have two great daughters-in-law.

    ReplyDelete